Guest posts

Monday, June 27, 2011

I have four fiction books -one not up on Kindle yet- in four different genres. I intend to write sequels to the Cleah Chronicles and to the Shay James Mystery, and I'd like to finish a mystery I started a few years ago about a coroner (I was a coroner for three years - my favorite job I've ever had). I realize, however, that successful writers aka writers who actually make a living at writing - tend to stick to one genre and get known in that. They build a following and create a niche for themselves. Why don't I do that? Do you?

I don't do it because I have different stories floating around in my head and I want to tell them all. I guess they will be stuck there for some time to come because I don't have any writing time in my day - and don't tell me to get up at 5 a.m. to write because I already get up then to do other stuff that's necessary in my day. Anyway, I'm currently 1/3 of the way through the next Cleah book and I feel a strong need to finish that. It feels like the characters are taking up space in my brain and I need the room. Does that sound too weird to you? Do you ever feel like that? No, it isn't any form of psychosis - I know they aren't real - but the neurons they inhabit have energy and flow and exist in time and space even if that space is my grey matter.

Well, maybe I should just buckle down and do it!!!

Have your best day possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment