Guest posts

Monday, August 15, 2011

An interview with Jacob Jones...

Synopsis of The Septavalent Stone by Jacob Jones 





When did you first feel the urge to write?

 I don't really remember at what age but I know I had the urge to write after I first read Prince Caspian in the Narnia series.
What finally got you started in actually writing a book?

 I was bored, and a little depressed. I find that my best ideas comes when I am feeling a strong emotion, doesn't always have to be a good one though.
What do you bring from your life that adds to your writing?

 Not much. My medical life maybe as is evidenced in my book since my characters go to a medicomagical school.
Do you use external supports in writing? such as a writing program or an ongoing editor?

 I use an ongoing editor yes. I read a lot of blogs on writing. Chuck sambuchino's blog is Blogbible.
Is there a theme that runs through your writing?

 I think that we all have a choice, family is more important and that at times lying can be justified.

What writers have influenced you?

 Steve Barlow and Steve skidmore authors of the TALES OF THE DARK FOREST SERIES, Chimaamanda Adichie, a Nigerian writer of Half Of A Yellow Sun and The Thing Around Your Neck, and Jk Rowlin. I think of all the books I've read, these writers have that ability to write in an easy and readable way, a quality that I always try to copy, don't know if I have achieved that yet, my readers would decide that.

How has your writing evolved over time?

A lot. Before my writing used to be choppy, and discontinuous, I think it has gotten way matured and it's getting better. In fact I practice daily on my blog, I am currently writing a funny fiction about a girl, AVGUSTA VLADIMIROVNA THE TEENAGE WEREBITCH in which a girl tells her story of how she became a female werewolf. It's interesting because she reveals her love relationships with popular characters of other authors. Currently in my last post she is looking for an excuse to break up with Harry Potter just so she can go out with Percy Jackson because she thinks gods are hotter than wizards, but Percy on the other hand is kind of interested in Katniss of the HUNGER GAMES series.
So yeah, a few years ago I wouldn't have tried this, so I think this counts as evolution.

How do you promote your books?

 I promote it on my blog, with my funny fan fiction writing above, and by doing guest posts. I have a fan page, a twitter and a blog.

How do you promote your web site?  
I try to visit other websites, comment and ask for intervviews and all. I try to be available as always.

The title of my new release is THE SEPTAVALENT STONE. I am going to give you a list of fictional and real reasons why you should go and buy this book: But first, a few insight into the book…
The Septavalent stone is a young adult novel set in two countries, Nigeria and Ukraine. It's about a boy called Andrew, who has a mother who is paranoid about almost everything including her brother Uncle Jeffery, and who is also not as normal as other mothers can be. Andrew gains admission into a medical school in Ukraine, but on getting there, he discovers it's not just a medical school, it's actually a school where apart from human beings, ghosts are treated, magical beasts and a couple of other paranormals stuffs. As the story unfolds, Andrew discovers new secrets about his family and himself, he also discovers a cousin he never knew existed, ad realizes that his mother is not all about cooking utensils and aprons but that in fact there is more to her paranoia and lies than meets the eyes.

I am going to end this post by listing several fictional and real reasons why you should get this book:

You should get a copy of THE SEPTAVALENT STONE because it was given an excellent review by HEATHER'S OPINION ON ALL THINGS BOOK RELATED'S blog.

You should get a copy of THE SEPTAVALENT STONE because it'll keep you busy and preoccupied until the highly anticipated (by me) UNWANTEDS novel by Lisa Mcmann becomes available on the 30th of August.

You should get a copy of THE SEPTAVALENT STONE because JK Rowlin read it and offered me the HARRY POTTER franchise in exchange for it but I was too drunk and stupid to accept it, but when I was sober a few days later, she was no longer interested. Infact when I pleaded with her that I was foolish and stupid she hauled a complete Harry Potter box set at me, and I have the big lump to prove it.

You should get a copy of THE SEPTAVALENT STONE because several times, Stephanie Meyer has asked me to give Edward Cullen, Jacob Black and Alice something, special and preferential treatment whenever they come to my medicomagical school for check up and treatment. I cannot release their medical report, what I can say however is that Edward suffers from a disease called dis-bling-bling-ism. Apparently he is losing his sparkle. While Alice has Bling-bling-itis she is becoming too sparkly, even at night and Jacob is becoming too fat even in his werewolf state.

You should get a copy of THE SEPTAVALENT STONE because of these keywords... ACTION, MYSTERY, SUSPENSE, INTRIGUE, FAMILY, RACISM, MAGIC, ELDER, BATTLE, CADAVRES, MAGICAL STAFF, MEDICOMAGICAL SCHOOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment